Amazon Products Available on Emerging Magazine

Sunday, December 29, 2013

News From the Net: An Open Letter to the Makers of The Wolf of Wall Street, and the Wolf Himself

By LA Weekly Thu., Dec. 26 2013 at 5:00 AM

prousalis-plane.jpg
Christina McDowell (then Prousalis) with her father and his private plane during headier times.

BY CHRISTINA MCDOWELL I hate to be the bearer of bad news, dear Kings of Hollywood, but you have been conned.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Christina McDowell, formerly Christina Prousalis. I am the daughter of Tom Prousalis, a man the Washington Post described as "just some guy on trial for penny-stock fraud." (I had to change my name after my father stole my identity and then threatened to steal it again, but I'll get to that part later.) I was eighteen and a freshman in college when my father and his attorneys forced me to attend his trial at New York City's federal courthouse so that he "looked good" for the jury -- the consummate family man.

And you, Jordan Belfort, Wall Street's self-described Wolf: You remember my father, right? You were chosen to be the government's star witness in testifying against him. You... [Read the full story at LA Weekly]

No comments:

Post a Comment